FK Sarajevo Home           |    Contact   /   EN | BS

Despite their great game, Sarajevo defeated by Haugesund

18.07.2014 at 01:11h

Despite their great game, Sarajevo defeated by Haugesund

In the first match of the second qualifying round of qualifications for the Europa League, Sarajevo was defeated by the Norwegian club Haugesund with a minimum result 1:0. Despite our very good game and many chances, the defensively oriented guests managed to take the victory.

The players selected by Dženan Uščuplić started furiously and already after the first five minutes threatened the guests through Radovac. One minute later, Stojčev fails to pass the ball to Okić who was in an ideal situation. In the 8th minute, Velkoski passed the ball back to Stojčev who shoots well but the ball went over the goal.

Pressing and dedicated game created even more chances for Sarajevo. Okić made a shot in the 20th minute but the goalkeeper of the guest defended his goal. By the end of the first half, Bilbija had two good chances but didn’t manage to score.

In the second half, Berberović had the first opportunity. Our right wing made an attempt but the goalkeeper of Haugesund was in place again. Sarajevo continued with domination over the game, however, the defence of the guests was very good.

In the 62nd minute, after the double pass with Velkoski, Bilbija shoots well but not precise enough. Six minutes later, Okić tried again but Bratveit was again up to the task.

Two minutes later Duljević, who previously substituted Bilbija, shoots from 16 meters of distance, but again the goalkeeper of Haugesund was in place. And after this chance, Sarajevo kept the with domination in the game, but in the 85th minute Haugesund took the lead with their first and only shot on the goal, and the scorer was Bamberg.

One minute before the end of the match, there was another great chance for the Maroon Club, yet the best guest player, goalkeeper Bratveit, defended his goal well from the shot made by Okić.

At the end of the match the audience at the Koševo stadium applauded and cheered the players of Sarajevo who showed fighting spirit and aggressive game. Rematch is scheduled for 24 July, in the city of Haugesund in Norway.

After the end of the game, a press conference was held at which Dženan Uščuplić, the first coach of Sarajevo, said the following:

"The guys have done everything we agreed before the game to the maximum. Honestly, in football you need luck which we didn’t have tonight, as we dominated during the most of the match. We imposed our style of game, made shots at the goal ten times but we weren’t lucky enough to score. I think this is only the first half and I congratulate them. I also think this match will not affect the players psychologically. We played the way we wanted, but we didn’t use the chances we had. There is no reason why they should be dissatisfied, we have one more match and we will try to score and play better" said Uščuplić, and added:

"I would say that the chances in Norway will be 50-50, we will have a good field and good conditions. We can play well and win. We'll see if there will be changes, we have seven more days to prepare."

Sarajevo FC 0:1 FK Haugesund

Scorer: Bamberg 85th minute; Olimpic Stadium "Asim Ferhatović - Hase"; spectators: 13.000; Referee: Anatolii Zhabchenko (Ukraine); yellow card: Haraldseid (Haugesund)

Sarajevo FC: Bandović, Berberović, Puzigaća, Dupovac, Tatomirović (Kovačević), Cimirot, Radovac, Stojčev, Velkoski, Okić, Bilbija (Duljević).